Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Kayaking in Half Moon Bay

Nick and I went on a paddle around Pillar Point Harbor.

Ready to go. "Push me, mom!!"

My view for the duration of the trip.
Nick paddling. Sort of.



See those rocks ahead of us. They are full of birds.

No, really, I mean it. Full. Of. Birds.
Here's a video. The small ones making noise are terns. They let us approach very close, but I kept expecting them all to take off into the air.


The captain.

Landing on Capistrano Beach side.

Beach entertainment.


After a short break, ready to go back in the water.

Did I mention the birds?
Many more bird videos. The terns had one side of the rocks and the brown pelicans the other.




Looking at the pelicans. 

Baby's first paddling blister.

And then this happened.



No comments:

Post a Comment